Friday, September 4, 2009

Bring on the Wildcats!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm writing this blog in purple in honor of the KSU Wildcats! 

Tomorrow kicks off the beginning of a new era. Or the continuation of an old era? Well, either way, Coach Snyder is back and I'm excited.  We may not have a perfect season, but I believe that the excitement and pride will be back! Wait.. It IS back!! 

I was a proud member of the Kansas State University Marching Band for four years when I was in School. Being in the Pride gave me some of the most AWESOME memories ever!  Being out on the field, playing the fight song or Wabash Canonball when there was a stadium full of screaming fans was an amazing feeling!  Getting to travel to bowl games ALL FOUR YEARS was amazing as well. And, I made some lifelong friends through band.

Now, I have to admit.. When the band takes the field at games I am a spectator at, I have to hold back the tears. It brings back such wonderful memories! It's very nostalgic! 

I think tomorrow is going to super emotional for the entire stadium. Coach Snyder turned the program around years ago and now he's back. Snyder considers the fans part of his family. Hell, tomorrow is going to be a big ol' family reunion! 

So.. Tomorrow I head up to Manhattan with my Dad (KSU is our special bond), my brother, sister-in-law and two nieces. I am SO looking forward to it. I'll probably tweet from the game some. 

Goooooooooooo CATS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment