I swear, this week has just been super insanely crazy! Monday started with me waking up and not feeling well. I went ahead and went into work. I knew we had students scheduled for orientation. I wanted to get them started and see if I would feel any better. I didn't, so I took some sick time and went home and slept. All the while my coworker was getting her gall bladder removed!
Tuesday was mostly normal. Brandy and I were here together. We got things ready for Wednesday's orientation. It was a fairly quiet day that went by without much of anything extra happening.
Wednesday Brandy is out sick. No big deal. We had an orientation and I've been doing them for 4 years now so doing it by myself was not a problem at all. Most of Wednesday goes by without a hitch. I made a grocery store and walmart run for mom (she's unable to drive while recovering from knee replacement surgery). I helped her with dinner at her house. Then I took Jonathan dinner and went home. I took time to make up Jonathan's anniversary goody bags and signed his card and even wrote a little letter that I printed off on our new printer (YAY!). Then I'm sitting there, playing Rock Band, and my tooth starts hurting off and on. I take 4 ibuprofin in hopes of warding off the worst. Well, the pain is off and on. Cold water and ice in my mouth take the pain away for a bit, but it kept coming back!
When Jonathan got home from work, we exchanged cards. Then he needed to finish my present. He got candy bags from me (good stuff to take to work for snacks) and will get a video game on Sunday when we go to Wichita. Anyhow, he finished up my present. Let me tell you, my husband has a knack for writing!
He wrote me a beautiful poem. He formatted it with 2 pictures of us and put it on pretty paper and framed it in a gorgeous frame he got from Walmart. I couldn't have asked for a better gift.
I'll be honest. I cannot remember what Jonathan got me for our first anniversary. Lord knows. But for our 2nd, he got me this book that had been made into a decorative thing. It has a beautiful poem on it (not as beautiful as his original poem) and they golded the edges of the pages. Then for our 3rd anniversary he got me a teddy bear with a personalized shirt that says Happy 3rd anniversary and I love you and all that jazz. He likes doing something special, unique and personalized. And I certainly like his ideas. :) Lord knows I'll have a room full of things by the time we hit 20 years! LOL
So anyhow.. After he gave me my gift, I tried to go to sleep. Well, I'd almost be asleep and my tooth would start hurting again. So I had some ice water up with me and I get a chunk of ice in my mouth and the pain would go away. Then it'd come back. it was a Vicious cycle. Finally, about 3, when Jonathan came up to bed, I decided to go downstairs to try to sleep. No luck. So I went back upstairs. I think it was 5 before I actually got to sleep. Let's just say I woke up feeling awful on Thursday. But, I went in to work. I even made it half a day and got everything for today done. Then I went home and slept. Last night I went to bowling and had a halfway decent night. Ok, my 3rd game was the only good one!
Well, here's today. Brandy is covering for Marilyn who is still recovering from surgery. I go and OVERSLEEP!!!! I didn't have my alarm so I could hear it and I wake up, look at the time and it's 8 FREAKING 40!! I was supposed to be at work AT 8!!! Let's just say I half assed brushed my teeth, threw on deodorant and clothes. I made it to work by 10 til 9. Just in time to start orientation. Brandy had tried calling me at work. Then she texted me, called my cell, emailed me.. Oops!!
Oh well, right? can't change that it happened. I made it in time to start orientation.
Let's just say I hope this weekend isn't so.... absolutely abnormal?
On another note. A group of my friends get an email from one of our theatre bunch. The subject is: Begging for Help. Poor guy's wife had told him a couple hours earlier that she had filed for divorce. Totally shocked him. He was asking if anyone knew of a place he could rent. Well, for now he's staying with Dan. Since our normal Saturday night activities aren't happening, I planned a little get together with ice cream tonight. Shawn needs to know we all are there for him and love him. Plus, Dan's got his kids tonight and they should love the ice cream too.
So, this afternoon, at 4:30, I'm running by the drug store to pick up my prescriptions. Then I'm running home to take a SHOWER!!!!!! Then it's to mom's. We're grilling hot dogs for everyone tonight. After I take Jonathan his dinner I need to go get ice cream. After the ice cream shindig I need to come home and clean our upstairs bathroom. After that, I'm sitting around and doing NOTHING until Jonathan gets home.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment