I feel like writing. I don't think I plan to touch on anything in particular. Although, the next installment of my summer happenings will be the NKOTB concert.
Actually.. here's something particular. Donnie Wahlberg! Let this be a precursor to the concert experience... :)
I was a HUGE NKOTB fan from the first time I heard them, I assume. Honestly, I can't remember how I got into NKOTB, but, I was and I had a mom cool enough to let me go to two concerts back in the day.
Now, as you know, if you were a New Kids fan, you always had a favorite. Whose girl were you? I was ALWAYS a Joe Girl. Something about those baby blue eyes, that sweet, pure voice, and.. That hair! Love the hair!! So yeah, all my childhood NK fantasies included Joey Joe. I'd lay in bed at night listening to my tapes (yes, the days of audio tapes). Anytime Joe was singing, I'd imagine he was singing straight to me. Honestly though, what Joe Girl didn't? Same with Donnie Girls or Jordan Girls and such.
Well.. I have morphed. I will still ALWAYS love Joe. He was my "first love!" That's something I will never forget. And holy hell can he still melt my heart when he sings Please Don't Go Girl!
While I still love those baby blues.. I have "grown up" and fallen in love with an "older" New Kid. Donnie Wahlberg.. Donnie effing Wahlberg! He is an amazing man!
I have to be honest.. If it weren't for twitter, and Donnie being on twitter (all the guys are actually), I don't think I would have added Donnie to my New Kid True Loves. Through twitter, Donnie has shown his love for the fans. He cares and he does what he can to try to give everyone even the tiniest bit of facetime.
Ok, I started this last week and had to put it away.. I'm just now getting back to it!
Let me say just a few more things about Donnie before I close. Maybe I'll get to blog more later today.
Donnie hit the big 4-0 last month. He's using that as an excuse to give more love to the fans! Girls I've met through twitter have been able to go to his birthday parties. I haven't met @beantowncutie in person, but she seems delightful through twitter. That girl got the night of her dreams at Donnie's party in Boston. She danced with him, hugged on him, got pictures with him. She even got to help him do autographs! How awesome, right?
Well, his party in Dallas, which I swear, I should have gone to, my friend Naomi (@joeysheavengirl) got her facetime with Donnie. It wasn't quite the extent of beantown's, but she got her hug, kiss and picture. I met Naomi at the Wichita concert this summer. Although... My Wichita concert is a different blog, I won't go more into that yet.
Long story short, as I said before, Donnie tries to make all of his fans know that he cares. He's one man, but he puts in the work of at least 100. Some famous people don't give their fans the time of day. That is definitely not Donnie.
And then.. He's an actor too... I am on a mission to see all of his movies (including the Saw movies I haven't seen, even though they're gross).
Ok. That's it for now. Until later!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment